Labels

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Holly Would Surrender: a study in pop punk keywords

Good Days and Clichés is a confusing name for some.  It’s an in-joke based around paying tribute to and making fun of pop punk bands. I love pop punk, but have loved it for so long that I see the same lyrical themes/style of names/fashion sense come and go and come again.



Through the Skatepunkers forum I think I’ve found the most cliché-drenched pop punk song ever! Holly Would Surrender are more than a clever name. I’ve listened to this song on repeat all day because it is 3 minutes, 10 seconds of joyous pop punk. And besides the glaring emission of ‘pizza’ the boys have hit every keyword about Summer pop punk available. That’s it folks, they’ve used up all the keywords!

So, want to start a pop punk band? Here is a handy guide to the lyrical keywords you should include!




No comments:

Post a Comment